Sunday, October 28, 2012

Chicken Piccata in my Belly

We love piccata sauce (I know weird, me liking a sauce.) This recipe is my spin off of a recipe taken from Cooking Light, a magazine and website I used to cook with a lot in Austin when I first started to cook with healthier ingredients. The recipe on Cooking Light is Tilapia Piccata with orzo, which we make a lot as well.  You can obviously use any pasta/rice bed. We use orzo a lot (though this time we had whole wheat spaghetti with it.) This sauce is so versatile, you can have it with any fish, chicken, over pasta, orzo, rice, veggies- whatever. White wine, butter, capers, lemon... what is better than that?
The only thing I do differently with this recipe is doubling the sauce, (again, weird for me) and when I first begin it I do a little rue with about 1 T of butter and a little flour before adding the wine and lemon juice because I like the sauce thicker. I saute spinach and tomatoes with our pasta or orzo before serving it. And of course, because I'm married to Thomas, there is a lot of fresh grated parmesan and lemon zest on top. For chicken instead of tilapia, I cut boneless skinless breasts in thirds and pound them really thin for a quick sear, but flour them the same way.  http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/tilapia-piccata-10000001591120/


No comments:

Post a Comment