Sunday, October 28, 2012

Getting Moratto FALL

One of the many wonderful things about this season is all the yummy foods that accompany this chilly and beautiful season. Expect a lot of soups, stews, butternut squash recipes, apple cinnamon, and PUMPKIN recipes on here in the near future. I first discovered pumpkin ice cream when I was about 10. My dad used to always take us to Braums after basketball games and other night activities, and every October Braums would bring out their pumpkin ice cream, which I always considered to be a bit of heaven. I found the recipe in my little Cuisinart countertop ice cream maker recipe booklet, which I love by the way. So easy- literally makes ice cream, frozen yogurt, or sorbet in 20 minutes! It hasn't helped our diets but it sure is fun to be able to quickly whip up some ice cream or yogurt. I made it a little lighter with horizon skim milk. Taste of my childhood in fall...


Pumpkin Ice Cream 
1 1/2 c whole milk (I used skim and it was still good) 
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 T molasses
1 3/4  c pumpkin
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
2 1/2 c heavy cream 
1 tsp vanilla
graham crackers for dipping or crumbles 

Mix milk, brown sugar, & molasses till combined, then add and mix rest of ingredients and pour into ice cream maker. I served with graham crackers to crumble and a little cinnamon topping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment