Thursday, November 8, 2012

5 Years

Last night we celebrated 5 years since our first date. I can't believe it was 5 years ago that he quickly went from a friend on my Austin Sports and Social Club team to my love. We met when a mutual friend invited him to play on our ASSC sand-volleyball team.

During the next season of kickball, we would always go to Doc's for cheap beer and food. One night I returned from the bathroom to find that my beer and queso were paid for. "Who paid for my food?" "I did," replied an unusually shy Thomas. He then went on to jokingly & awkwardly offer to come to the couples shower I was invited to that weekend and somewhat flirt with me the rest of the night. When I told my friends on the way home that "I think Thomas Moratto was trying to flirt with me tonight," they responded with, "no he wasn't, he was just being nice." K...
The next morning at 9:15 I received an email (because he was clearly too nervous to ask me for my number the night before) asking me to "hang out sometime." I forwarded it to my friends with a "Ha! I told you he was flirting with me!" 
Our first date was that next week. We went to Roy's to have drinks and talked for hours. Our next date was two days later, pictured below. We had our first smoooooch this night :) Sorry for the cheesy details.

We very quickly fell hard for eachother...

And the rest is history. Oh how our lives have changed, but for the better. Last night we celebrated by going to the new restaurant, Mule. Which is AMAZING. The macaroni pony was a sandwich with 3 cheese mac&cheese, pulled pork, corn bread toasted, and pickles, OH MY. When Thomas ordered he asked for a side of barbeque sauce for me... true love. The ginger beer and onion rings were the best I've ever had.

This is how we ended the night- cuddling with our spooning dogs and falling asleep to the movie Grease.
I'm pretty happy with our life, and wouldn't have it any other way. Love you Thomas Moratto.

1 comment: