Monday, May 13, 2013

Mothers

I loved being able to spend Mother's Day with my wonderful mom and mother-in-law. They have helped me so much the last month with house, nursery, baby preparation, etc. It has been hard for me to clean and invest too much time in nursery projects, so they have taken over and helped me so graciously.

As I'm preparing to embark on this whole "motherhood thing," I have definitely found myself appreciating my own mom so much more. It is a tough job, and I truly hope I can be half the mom she has been to me (seriously.) She is such an example of unconditional love, support, and selflessness.



My mom sent me this picture of "mommy practice" the other day. Working on being a big sister before Amanda comes home from the hospital.

Then the "real deal" comes home. Lord knows (and they will tell you) I've had LOTS of practice being a mom with Amanda and Bailey. I couldn't help it, it's a big sister thing. They turned out pretty good though, I must say. This picture is a perfect example of what our child could be- blondie like me, or dark hair like T (or Amanda in this pic)??? SO excited to see what this baby looks like, I can hardly stand it! Another random thought- I love that hospitals used to do the whole yarn bow thing.   


No comments:

Post a Comment